The Clearfielder Of Utah

This is about my (most of the time) boring life in Clearfield, Utah

Monday, April 4, 2011

To Good to be True

“Have you heard the four seasons of Utah? Almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.”
On Friday, it was a beautiful, cloudless day, and I spent some time outside and I even got a sunburn. It gave me hope that spring was right around the corner, and I was so grateful and happy in the 68-degree weather. I started planning my spring and thinking about how life was gonna get better, and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
But that all changed on Saturday.
It was a lot like Friday, except there were a few more clouds and a bit cooler. It was a beautiful morning, and I was in a good mood when I woke up. Around noon clouds started to roll in and the temperature dropped, but that didn’t stop my mood(much).
My mom was meeting an old friend down in Salt Lake City, and I went along to help with the public transportation. It started to get chilly and more clouds were rolling in, and that did bring down my mood.
It was around 6 when it started to drizzle. That didn’t make me loose hope, it just made me loose hope for clear sunny skies, and I was unprepared for what was waiting for me back in Clearfield.
We boarded the FrontRunner at 10:30, and by the time it got to Clearfield it was about 11:40. It was like the beginning of a blizzard, the wind was very fast and the snowflakes were huge. We couldn’t see anything, and it took us several minutes to find the car. When we turned the heat on in the car, it melted the snowflakes on me, and I was soaked.
On Sunday the weather was a bit warmer, but it was snowing off and on all day, and this morning was very cold, 25 degrees(that may seem warm, but when the days have been in the 50s lately, that’s cold)
So all in all, I have lost hope that spring will ever come, especially after last year. Last year, the last snowstorm was May 24, and I left Utah before I could bask in the warmth of the 90 degree weather (it was like a cold spring storm all June long)
Mother Nature, why do you hate Utah?

No comments:

Post a Comment