The Clearfielder Of Utah

This is about my (most of the time) boring life in Clearfield, Utah

Friday, December 16, 2011

Rants of a Font Nerd

Two posts in one week? I'm on a roll!
As you may, or may not, have noticed, I got bored with my blog background so I changed it again. I nearly peed myself I got so excited when I found out I could change the font on some of the things on here! If I was a techno-mo-magic smarty pants, I probably would have found out that sooner, but alas, I have a life (well, as far as you know). If I could change all the fonts (I probably could, i just don't know how to) I would, like every day.
Me and fonts, we are like this. . . (You can't see, but I'm crossing my fingers on both my hands) I don't take the subject of fonts lightly. I can spend just as long choosing the font and format of an essay as I will writing it. That's why I like my word processing software, Pages, over MS Word because I have twice the font selection.
I'm such a font nerd, I have managed to write three paragraphs on the mere topic of this amazing and diverse subject.
Toss away the Times New Roman and Calabri default users, and explore the fine curves of Baskerville, or the chic blocks of Copperplate.
How many normal people do you know that can make up a poetry style sentence about fonts? (If you actually know someone like that, hook me up!)
My New Background:
I don't know what it is with me, but I have the need to change things often. I will go into crazy monkey-mode if I can't change the furniture arrangement of my room, or the color of my walls, or anything else that is on my mind on that second without planning it or thinking it over, several times a year.
Oh, the curses of an artsy fartsy person like me has to deal with.

1 comment: