The Clearfielder Of Utah

This is about my (most of the time) boring life in Clearfield, Utah

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dear Algebra...

Dear Algebra,

First off I want to say I hate you. No offense or anything  I'm just being honest. 
Second, you mix letters and numbers. They are separate for a good reason: they were never meant to be together. so why do you put them together? Oh and why did you seduce the American school systems to think that we need to learn you?! When ever I try to find help the adult always says that they forgot it. What does that say to me? That I don't need you so why am I being forced to learn you and your older brother Algebra II and your cousin Geometry?! 
And, most people don't like you, so take a hint and go hang out with the geeks who actually like and will use you. I haven't yet picked a career but I will most likely no use you since like 90% of careers  don't even need your younger brother, Prealgebra. 
Sure you have your uses, just not to everyone. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that you should disappear because you are worth something, just not to me and the general population. 
So I can tell this isn't going to be resolved at least not anytime soon, so I will just continue to hate you while you continue to torture me for the rest of the year. When I'm an adult I'll just forget you like the rest of adults and I will be content with our relationship.
Love,
Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment