The Clearfielder Of Utah

This is about my (most of the time) boring life in Clearfield, Utah

Friday, March 18, 2011

Do you belive in division?

Do you believe in division? I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and I’m starting to think I do. We have been studying government lately in World Civ, and I have been studying it on my own. It’s kind of fascinating for me, I’m not sure why. Anyways, I know this sounds kind of horrible and mean, but I think that we need to be divided up. We are all making each other go crazy and getting on each other’s nerves with opposing views. So why not have different sects of a city devoted to a certain thing. It’s not like we wouldn’t be allowed to see others in different sects, or be allowed there, but there would be certain rules. i know that would greatly reduce the cultural diversity and new ideas in our world, but I think people would be generally more happier. And I also think it would reduce hate, and hate crimes.
For example, some people are religious and some are not, if they lived in different sects than they could live by different standards in peace. Some people don’t think that same-sex marriage should be legal, so they would live in a different sect than someone who does.
So what do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...interesting post and insight, Seth!
    I however, am one to welcome intermingling diversity because it teaches tolerance and breeds respect. Only if the diversity isn't violent or wrong or harms others.

    If people would learn to live the "golden rule" it would elminate the hate and contention and we wouldn't have to be divided or have a desire to harm or hate.

    ReplyDelete